- Years in capital markets and banking – 10
- Industry/sector expertise – healthcare, technology, financial services
- Geographic experience – U.S., Korea
- Firms – Bain & Company, SV Investments, Christensen Institute for Disruptive Innovation, Cowen & Company, Summer Street Research Partners, Janney Montgomery Scott
- Positions – Venture Capitalist, Consultant, Senior Fellow, Director of Research, Analyst
- Education – MBA (Harvard), BA Mathematics (Harvard University)
Spencer Nam has 20 years of experience spanning healthcare investing, disruptive innovations, equity research, and advising senior executives. Most recently Spencer has been a Managing Director of SV Investments, a healthcare venture capital fund. He has also been a senior research fellow at the Christensen Institute for Disruptive Innovation where his research has focused on disruptive innovations in the healthcare industry. Spencer has worked with U.S. and international healthcare enterprises, most recently as an equity research analyst covering more than 50 medical technology and diagnostics companies. He also has advised numerous privately owned MedTech companies as well as the South Korean government on building healthcare ecosystems. Spencer’s Wall Street career as a senior research analyst included tenures at Cowen & Company, Summer Street Research Partners, Madison Williams and Company, ThinkEquity, and Janney Montgomery Scott. Prior to his career in equity research, he was a consultant at Bain & Company advising senior management teams of Fortune 500 technology and financial services companies. As a member of the investment team at Technology Directors, he researched early-stage venture capital financed technology and life science companies. Prior to Bain, Spencer advised Partners Healthcare System in Boston on post merger integrations. Spencer holds a BA in mathematics from Harvard University and an MBA from the Harvard Business School.